Thursday, March 25, 2010

More About Cheese

So Kayrena sometimes does those blogs about her likes and dislikes, and at the end she poses the question, "What do you like?" Well so I got to thinking. And on thing I really like is food! In particular, cheese! There are so many different kinds of cheese and they're all good for something. But I have favorite ways to eat cheese! Can you believe it?Swiss cheese tastes best on toasted wheat or rye bread with a few thin slices of corned beef, some saurkraut and some spicy mustard. Must be served warm!!
Parmesan cheese contributes best to a white pasta sauce made with lots of cream and butter and some garlic! Warm them all up together on the stove and serve over any noodles- delicious!!
Mozzarella cheese tastes beste with Italian dishes. Without it, Lasagna would be a bust. Also, I secretly love those little mozzarella cheese sticks :)
Fresh mozzarella, however, calls for something a little more elegant. Slice it up and serve it with some really good fresh tomatoes (if you have those nice big heirloom tomatoes go with those for sure!) Layer cheese and tomatoes alternately, along with olive oil, salt and pepper throughout. Oh- so so so delicious. Also, this tastes really good and refreshing on homemade pizza with your choice of healthy and fresh ingredients.
K this is kinda ghetto but this is the very best spreadable cheese. It's sharp cheddar and this brand rocks the house. It tastes awesome with Ritz crackers.
And finally, the good old American cheese slices still make for some yummy melty grilled cheese sandwiches. They are kinda nasty by themselves but if you cook it just right, I can't resist the crunchy buttery bread and the creamy melty cheese spilling out with every bite I take. Ohhhh- yummy!!!

2 comments:

Betts Family said...

I so agree with you, we are so sisters! I love to take fresh parmesan and sprinkle it on a plate and then microwave it into this delicious melty cheese crisp. . .it's to die for! Perhaps my weight problem has something to do with cheese. . just a thought!

Amy said...

yum...i'm a cheese lover too!! now i'm so hungry!!