Who said 8 months pregnant is no time to go camping? Not me! So we headed up to West Yellowstone, Montana and found ourselves fishing peacefully on the Madison River. The first night the temperature was a reported 26* and everyone but us slept in the heated trailer. But we were toasty and warm in our brand new sleeping bag! It was great to wake up and feel the dew on the outside of the bag and then look inside and see that we didn't even need to wear socks to bed!

And then river was beautiful and fresh and freezing cold! We bought our licenses and fished the day away! Jake stuck to the usual fly fishing which I wish I could have done. But I was warned by two of the stinky men on the trip that the river was pretty violent- both of them had already fallen in earlier that week! And they said they were definitely NOT ready to deliver a baby in the river- seeing as how the nearest hospital must have been 100 miles away! So I sat on the river bank with my father-in-law and fished from a chair. Although I did buy a pair of cheap knee-high boots and stepped into the water a few times! And though Jake and I weren't out there long enough to catch anything- the rest of the "stinky man" gang filled the freezer with rainbow trout!

The next day was filled with lounging at the camp as seven nieces and nephews played jump rope, threw the football, and discovered nature all around our campsite. Then before we headed out we made our way over to Wade Lake where the water was much warmer and some of the kids even stripped down to their skivys and jumped in! Of course- they got a dollar for it! (The pictures would be so useful here!) We even had a naked two-year-old test the waters!

And then Jake and I headed home with our tiny car packed to the brim with probably 1000 extra pounds- no exaggeration! Plenty of Big Hunk bars jerky made for a wild weekend! And we made the whole trip on just two tanks of gas! What a trip!
2 comments:
Oh my that looks so fun! I cant wait to see the pics! Thats so awesome you fished pregnant...thats the nessa I miss :)
That sounds like so much fun, I'm so jealous. . . you are a brave woman camping at 8 months pregnant!
Post a Comment