Monday, June 28, 2010

WINCO

Ok so I officially have a new love- it's called WINCO- acronym for Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado and Oregon. Well now it's here in Utah- and so I think they should change it to UWINCO (where you win) or perhaps IWUNCO (where I definitely won!) Ok so that is totally nerdy but let me tell you what I bought for $14.25...
1 huge watermelon
1 large canteloupe
3 medium Fuji apples
3 mangos
1 small box strawberries
2 grapefruit
3 avocados
2 cucumbers
1 stalk celery
1 bunch radishes
1 small bag baby carrots

Holy cow!! IWUN (co) and UWIN (co) every time you go there! And the produce here was not like it is at many of your other local grocery stores. Everything was beautiful and ripe. I also strolled through the bulk section to pick myself up a couple cups of a wild rice mixture that looked delicious. I even grabbed a handful (not with my hands though!) of one of my favorite candy treats- peach rings- for 50 cents. This place was heaven to me. I will never buy my groceries at Wal-Mart again. Also- if anyone knows anything about Bountiful Baskets I would like to get a few more details. The website is alittle confusing. Please email me or tell my mom about it! We're so excited to try it!
My $14.25 stretched to the max this week and I was extremely proud to walk in the door with my spoils. Every morning has been filled with strawberries and mangos for breakfast- it's been wonderful. And today- cubed watermelon and canteloupe to take to a family party- a total of $3.46. I didn't even care that I had to bag my own groceries!!! (a minor downside to the spoils of WINCO)

1 comment:

Betts Family said...

I LOVE Winco!!! It's the only way to stretch my $200 monthly budget for my whole family!! YEAH