
[Take the now much-publicized story of her putting a tiny newborn boy to her breast. Only a week old, he had been born into poverty-stricken conditions in a remote area of Sierra Leone. “He was so skinny,” Hayek recalls. “His mother had lost her milk, probably because of malnutrition.” So Hayek, with the mother’s approval, instinctively did what almost any nursing mother would feel compelled to do. She fed him. “You should have seen his face!” she says. “He just lit up. He became alive. I mean, how could I not feed him? I was in the field, my daughter wasn’t with me, I was either going to throw away the milk or feed this baby.”]
Concerning a film Hayek cancelled...
They said, ‘You can really move yourself as an actress with this role and go to a really dark place.’ I said, I don’t want to go there! Maybe I’ll change my mind later, but right now, I want easy movies that I can take my child along to. I want uplifting movies for the world.”
On Working Out
Pilates "appeals to me because I’m lying down!”

About Healthy Habits
"I like to indulge, I love food."
“I never got into drugs … I never went through that phase, never found them appealing."
On Life and Beauty
"I’m joyful. I try to find joy in life, and I don’t take myself too seriously." That includes no plastic surgery, she insists. “None of that. No peelings, either, I’ve not started that craze. Or tanning booths. What you see is what you get. I’ve been lucky … maybe when the face starts falling apart, I’ll change my mind, but for now I think I’m fine. I think people who do things to their face age faster, I really do. And I’m lazy, so this suits me -- I don’t like a lot of maintenance, and now I really don’t have time for it!”
Against the World's Opinion
"The best thing you can ever do for your child in your lifetime is to breastfeed.”
It's so nice to have such great role models in our society when the world is so crazy! And she's such a hottie too! GO SALMA!
No comments:
Post a Comment