Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our New Favorite Girl





This is our new favorite niece Prita. She got to spend the weekend with us and it was so fun to have her around. Of course she cried when we left the house or told her she had to stay outside. And that whining and petite howling tugged on our heart strings every time. She is a pure bred Rottweiler and is the prettiest thing ever. She's also mostly deaf, responding to only high pitched noises which she can't exactly place. So I spent the weekend kneeling down to get her to recognize me, or running after her when she chased little boys on their bikes down the street. I stayed home with her one day and she wasn't too interested in playing with me but rather waited by the gate all day long for Jake to come home. She knows who loves her! It sure teaches you something when you have to pay special attention to someone in order to get them to understand you- instead of yelling at the or commanding them to listen to you. She was such a joy to have around and we ended up with dog-kisses and dirty shirts every day- and it was totally worth it!

1 comment:

Betts Family said...

Okay so I thought for a second that you got a dog and I was going to have to answer once again to scott about why he cannot have a dog even though Vanessa lets Jake have one! Cute little thing though, Avonleah wants to come and play with it.