Saturday, June 22, 2013

If nothing ever changes, then nothing ever changes!

Have you ever thought of this? If nothing ever changes, then nothing ever changes!!! Well my mom has! She saw it on a bumper sticker and shared it with Rene who shared it with me. How crazy is the notion that if nothing ever changes- everything will stay the same? Not so crazy right. In fact it makes perfect sense. So instead of fearing the change that is coming in life, I have had to learn to embrace it as steps on a journey to a destination which won't be much of a destination at all, but rather another step in my long journey home. And after all, it's not where I get in life- but what I learn while getting there that's going to help me in the hereafter. I've run into some great advice from friends and family lately- great advice and great attitudes.
I guess you could say I tend to fall on the negative side of things. I'm more of a "glass half empty" kind of gal when it comes to my life- and yet when it comes to others' lives and outside situations I have a rather sunny view. Figure that out would ya? No really- what's wrong with me? But I guess that's what friends and family are for: that outside sunny perspective. So instead of focusing on the winter chill I am realizing that if I don't get through the winter first- I can never get back to summer.
And I guess life will be like that forever and ever- cycling seasons throwing me and my family through change and teaching us the wisdom of each in its own time. And if I was thinking it was hard before I am now realizing that I was perhaps in the early stages of autumn (which I particularly love as a season- and has brought me so many joys as a time of life) and barely heading into a long winter. For all of you who may watch this show... "The Starks are always right eventually- winter is coming".
So am I ready? Am I prepared for a long winter? I think to myself that perhaps I am not, but then I change the question to this: "Will I make it through alive, in tact, married, happy, and better off for having lived through it" and my answer is: absolutely. So though I may not think myself ready for certain things to change in my life I am certainly ready for change! Because if nothing ever changes, nothing ever changes!

No comments: