Friday, October 7, 2011

Little Boys Are Made of Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails

We've been having so much fun as Bubba has been growing up and turning into a little boy. He doesn't even feel like a toddler any more- well, minus the fact that he refuses to go anywhere near the potty when he has to poop!!!! It even looks like a frog- come on, how can you be afraid of a frog potty? Honestly I just don't know. But we've been letting him explore this new grown-up little boy to find that he is truly 100% BOY! We found this new park that has lots of trees around the playground so it's shaded and kind of secluded. I love it! And it has tons of open space for Bubba to explore. It has a bunch of trees that are perfect for climbing (at the age of 2- I guess I never thought it would start so early, but I must encourage it when I see it!)

And sliding down(his legs are always bruised from climbing one thing or another so I guess I didn't think twice about letting him slide down the tree!)
And it always has plenty of sticks that act as swords, guns and the like.It's our favorite place to go! We drop Daddy off at work and then hang out at the park til nap time!
My little guy is definitely just like his momma. He prefers the frosting over cake and can eat tons and tons of candy- like an entire bag of gummy bears before we ever get home (that's like 4 blocks away, not kidding!)We have to be really careful because if we give him sugar after dinner then he turns into an instant wild monster and will be up until midnight. Also caffeine is the absolute devil. I once gave him 1/4 cup of Mt. Dew around 8pm- (in my defense, we were in the car, on our way home, he was thirsty and it was all I had!)He stayed up until 5 am telling Jake, "Come on, Dad, let's go watch a show!" He's such a cheese ball!
While he looks like a total mess I have to make an argument in his defense- these were some of the very best cupcakes ever (yes I made them from scratch!) and it was hard not to get them all over your face!
"Whatta ya want" he now says in a very low and boyish tone, just to be silly. It sets us laughing. (He's copying us mimicking the John Lee Hooker song, One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer :)This particular green mess all over the walls was most definitely encouraged- it's baby wash, corn starch and food coloring! He also has green bath body paint that he puts all himself and claims that he is the HULK!!
Before I continue with the super hero talk I must mention his love for shoes. Here he is wearing my UGGs. No matter where we are, he will find a pair of shoes and try them on, walk around in them, and put them back. It doesn't matter whose shoes they are, what color, what size- nothing. He just has to try them on! Though his favorites are his cousin Jacob's crocs that have bad guys attached to them! Help us- we have a shoe fetish issue!
Back to bad guys and good guys- he loves the Hulk the most and then the rest of the Avengers- though Captain America is quickly making his rise up the ladder. That's our planned Halloween costume for him this year- a mini Captain America- and yes he's very excited! I just bought a show featuring Super Man, Batman, and the rest of the Justice League. He loved that too, of course.
He enjoys fighting with baseball bats, plastic bowling pins, vacuum attachments, etc. He will fight us and then pretend that he's been hurt- which is pretty dramatic. He falls down, drops his "sword", closes his eyes and stays there for a bit. It's pretty hilarious and we love to play along! I even bought him a wooden sword at Swiss Days, and a marshmallow gun (that one was for me!). He loves both and is really fun to play with. We love him- and all his little frog, snake, snail, dog, whatever boyishness!

2 comments:

Betts Family said...

Oh thank you thank you for posting his cuteness! What a darling little buddy he is. Can you please come live by me, I think him and Avonleah would have a blast and Adelaide would take care of them so well ha ha!

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

My nephew is the handsomest coolest nephew EVER . . . so far! J/K . . . and BTW . . . I want to visit Spooky Corner . . . WELL DONE!