Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Costume Idea Lapse

So I thought of the coolest Halloween costume- just a little too late. So for next year I am going to be... Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games! I plan to recreate her mockingjay dress from the second book "Cathing Fire". This dress was originally a wedding dress and the one she wears to the interview. When she lifts her arms in the air and spins it turns black and is covered in feathers. It has sleaves that go all the way to the floor with a low neckline and a tight waist. The whole thing is dramatically black of course, except for a small patch on each of her shoulders that is white, like the wings of the mockingjay!! Ok so I am a total nerd but this thing is going to be awesome to wear and probably even more fun to make! Good luck to me!

2 comments:

Amy said...

that is so awesome! i love hunger games!! i can't wait to see it...next year :)

Betts Family said...

Ummm hello can I play too?! I love you idea and good idea posting it so no one can steal it at pretend they thought of it first!