Monday, July 14, 2008

Bottom of the Barrel


"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
- "Hellboy"

In light of a few recent events I find this man's song and voice very comforting. How true it is that everyone gets pushed to the bottom, but how far is that from the top? Do we really know? We wil never know unless we begin to climb.


"Bottom Of The Barrel"
Amos Lee

I keep on livin',
to keep from cryin'.
I keep on dreamin',
to keep from dyin'.
I keep on trying,
I aint gonna stop.

Get right down to the bottom of the barrel and float back on top.

We all know someone,
whos always hurtin',
The sun is shinin',
they draw the curtain.
One thing for certain,
the pain aint gonna stop.

You get right down to the bottom of the barrel and float back on top.

Cuz i know the grass,
is always greener in someone else's yard.
And the world is so much meaner,
when your heart is hard.

I go out walkin',
in any season.
It could be rainin',
it could be freezin'.
I don't need no reason,
it's just so pleasin'.
And i can't stop.

You get right down to the bottom of the barrel and float back on top.

You get right down to the bottom of the barrel and float back on top.

1 comment:

Betts Family said...

You have to stop posting things like that . . .they make pregnant ladies tear up and then it's waterworks unstoppable! I love you and your posts thanks for sharing your thoughts