Monday, August 13, 2007

Honeymoonin' in Hawaii

Jake and I went to the littl island of Kauai for our honeymoon. There weren't many people there, and there was only one road that went almost all the way around the island. It rained every day. Actually- the "Wettest Place on Earth" is housed on this island!
This is Ke'e Beach, the most beautiful place to watch sunsets on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. We took this picture our last night there. We hiked 4 miles in to this waterfall. It's called Hanakapiai Falls. It was so beautiful, looking down the mountainside to the ocean! But four miles in and four miles out- we didn't do much for the rest of the trip!
This is halfway into the hike looking out at Ke'e beach.
This is the Kilauea Lighthouse, the one man-made landmark on this whole tiny island.

1 comment:

Betts Family said...

Wow. . these are gorgeous. . .FOUR MILES!!! Good grief I'm proud of you for hiking that far, I probably would have fallen over dead!!!